Academic Letter - Academic Banquet
Each semester, BHS honors Academic Letter Achievers at the Academic Banquet. Each student who qualifies will be invited, along with his or her family, to enjoy a recognition luncheon to receive the Academic Letter, Gold Star, and for students with a 4.0 gpa or better, the Liberator Medallion.
Students must meet the following criteria:
1. Students must have an A- average (3.67 gpa) with no grade lower than a B.
2. Math, Science, Social Studies, English, and Foreign Language are designated as core curriculum courses. Dual enrollment (on a college campus) courses will be recognized at BHS for the Academic Letter criteria.
- Students that receive eight (8) letter grades must be enrolled in a minimum of three core areas.
- Students that receive seven (7) letter grades must be enrolled in a minimum of four core areas.
- Students that receive six (6) letter grades must be enrolled in a minimum of five core areas.
4. Students meeting this criteria will be awarded the following: Bolivar High School Academic Letter, Gold Star for each semester the criteria is achieved, and the Liberator Medallion for obtaining a 4.0 gpa or better for the semester.